From time to time, we may have a position open on our Church Staff. If so, you will find a listing, job description, and application on this page. Thanks for looking and for considering giving yourself in ministry through this congregation.
If you’d like to complete a job application for any current or future positions. download our
Complete it, and return it by email to email@example.com or mail it to the church office.
The Church Administrator position is the first face or voice of the church. They manage many things behind the scenes to support the Staff, Session members, or Committee chairs. They remember, track, and remind. They are graceful, hospitable, professional, and fun.
Provide administrative support for Pastors, Staff, Elders and Clerks of Session, Deacons, Corporate Officers, and Session Committee Chairs.
- High School Diploma
- Proven prior office management experience
- Ability to pass standard background check
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate, delegate and multi-task
- Pleasant telephone manner, ability to hear and speak clearly
- Ability to interact with a variety of people and personalities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Strong office computer skills and experience handling new and emerging / evolving software packages: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Experience working with QuickBooks desired, Ability to learn church database software programs
- Website management, social media skills tools
- Ability to maintain an air of respect, professionalism and confidentiality in a caring environment
- Practice of excellent personal boundaries and communications protocols.
This position reports directly to the Pastor / Head of Staff and works closely with the Church Treasurer / Assistant Treasurer and the Clerk of Session.
- Provide administrative support to the Pastor(s), Treasurer, Clerk of Session
- Maintain Church records stored in: PCC computer files, Hard copy filing systems
- Financial activities: Process invoices based on approved vouchers using Quick Books, Balance Church PNC Checking Account monthly, Process semimonthly payroll checks, Prepare and distribute annual contribution reports
- Maintain Church Google calendar
- Assist Clerk of Session in maintaining the various membership/attendance records
- Assist Newsletter editor with clerical tasks, including hardcopy and electronic distribution
- Coordinate and prepare large print and media projects, such as: the Annual Report, New Member packets, and Annual Stewardship program materials
- Assist with preparations for Sunday and special services – bulletin preparation, Liturgist Guide prep
- Maintain various Congregational information data lists
- Coordinate preparation of PCC Annual Report
- Monitor church email, keep mail chimp email addresses updated and info in CH Meetings database
- Process Memorial Gifts to church, including donor acknowledgements
- Receive incoming calls, answer questions and provide information. Greet and offer assistance to visitors and members
- Maintain and order all office and church supplies, office equipment
20-25 hours per week
Salary Range $15.00 to $24.00 per hour depending on qualifications and skills
Vacation and Holidays per Church Policy
Email resume and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail resume and application to the church office