The Presbyterian Church of Chestertown is currently seeking a Director of Children and Family Ministry to create and implement a fellowship program for young preschool children through fifth grade. This is a paid position with a flexible work schedule, 15 hours per week, including Sunday mornings and one evening a week. Learn about serving as part-time Director, Children and Family Ministry.
- During the summer, after a closing prayer, children may return to their families for the remainder of the service or enjoy a quiet activity at the back of the sanctuary.
- During the school year, there will be a caring person to help the children navigate from scripture through the Doxology (YOU could be that person!). If you are interested in helping one Sunday morning, click here to sign up and volunteer.
- You and your little ones are welcomed into the Kids Korner for families! Here, we serve our families and children IN worship,…
- One primary message is children are welcome, and they can learn to worship WITH us. Children will remain present to hear our church family’s songs, scripture, and prayers.
- Another message is we understand little ones need to be busy and engaged, and parents want to hear the word and sermon without worrying about their little ones.
- The final message demonstrates we are a church family that values and wants all ages and stages IN worship WITH us.
- Families unable to attend services at church can experience worship online using our YouTube link.
The primary children’s ministry at PCC is weekly Sunday School. Age-appropriate groups are held during Sunday worship, following the children’s message. In a comfortable setting staffed by volunteers, we use the denominational curriculum, Growing in Grace and Gratitude, with our children from pre-kindergarten to grade five. Younger toddlers have time to stretch, play, and experience fellowship. Special seasons, such as Advent, Lent, and Summer, are coordinated with our whole church focus.
Children’s Morning Out
Children’s Morning Out (CMO) meets from 9 to 11 a.m. two Fridays a month from September through May. Parents of children 18 months to four years are invited to take a break after dropping their children off for a morning of fun and focused play opportunities. Friendships are fostered in a safe and nurturing setting while the children learn through playtime, block building, dramatic exploration, music, storytime, sharing, and snack time. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Please contact the Church office for more information. We are looking forward to making new friends soon!
Children’s Worship Hour
Children’s Worship Hour meets twice a month and is a chance for children to praise God in a fun and vibrant setting. Children learn hymns and praise songs that follow either the Sunday school lesson or sermon during each worship hour. After singing and dancing, it is craft time! Each craft ties into the lesson and songs of the day. During this time, children learn that they can praise God in many ways: through song, dance, and art.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer, we host a Vacation Bible School for children ages 4 through entering grade 6. We have been partnering with several community churches since 2010 to serve as many children as we can. This outreach is one of the best weeks in our church life as we eat, play, and learn together and find God’s great love everywhere- in crafts, games, song, science, Bible stories, and mission projects. The 2019 theme was “To Mars and Beyond!” where we learned to “Go beyond with the faith of Daniel, the courage of Esther, the caring of the good Samaritan, and the thankfulness of the healed leper. VBS is taking a break in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid.