A few notes about Children’s Ministry during COVID…
- For families unable to attend services at church, are encouraged to attend worship via live stream using our YouTube link.
- For families joining us in person, you and your little ones are welcomed into the newly designed Kids Korner! Here, we are serving our families and children IN worship as they feel safe to return. This is a small and simple change but it sends more than a few messages…
- One primary message is children are welcome and they can learn to worship WITH us. Children will remain present to hear the songs, scripture, and prayers of our church family.
- Another message is we understand little ones need to be busy and engaged, and parents want to hear the word and sermon without worrying about their little ones.
- The final message demonstrates we are a church family that values and wants all ages and stages IN worship WITH us.
- There will be a caring person to help the children manage from scripture through the Doxology (YOU could be that person!). If you are interested in helping one Sunday morning, reach out to Scott Loveless, Christian Education Elder.
The primary Children’s ministry at PCC is weekly Sunday School. Age-appropriate groups are held during Sunday worship, following the children’s message. We use the denominational curriculum, Growing in Grace and Gratitude with our children from pre-kindergarten to grade 5, in a comfortable setting staffed by volunteers. Younger toddlers have a time of play and fellowship with a short lesson of faith, which usually parallels the Growing in Grace and Gratitude themes. For special seasons, such as Advent, Lent, and Summer, our Sunday School themes coordinate with our whole church focus.
PCC offers busy parents an inviting child-proofed, fun (or calming!) nursery space for children under 2 years of age with bright, clean, age-appropriate toys. Forget something? The nursery is stocked with basic supplies. It is in this safe, and loving environment that children learn of God’s love and get to know God working through them and their caregivers.
Children’s Morning Out
Children’s Morning Out (CMO) meets from 9 to 11 a.m. two Fridays a month from September through May. Parents of children 18 months to 4 years are invited to take a break after dropping their children off for a morning of fun and focused play opportunities. Friendships are fostered in a safe and nurturing setting while the children learn through playtime, block building, dramatic exploration, music, storytime, sharing, and snack time. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Please contact the Church office for more information. We are looking forward to seeing our friends again, soon!
Children’s Worship Hour
Children’s Worship Hour meets twice a month and is a chance for children to praise God in a fun and vibrant setting. During each worship hour, children learn hymns and praise songs that follow either the Sunday school lesson or sermon. After singing and dancing, it is craft time! Each craft ties into the lesson and songs of the day. During this time, children learn that they can praise God in many ways: through song, dance, and art.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer, we host a Vacation Bible School for children ages 4 through entering grade 6. We have been partnering with several community churches since 2010 to serve as many children as we can. This outreach is one of the best weeks in our church life as we eat, play, and learn together and find God’s great love everywhere- in crafts, games, song, science, Bible stories, and mission projects. The 2019 theme was “To Mars and Beyond!” where we learned to “Go beyond with the faith of Daniel, the courage of Esther, the caring of the good Samaritan and the thankfulness of the healed leper. VBS is taking a break in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid.